- Right-click the desktop
- In the context menu, choose “New”
- Select “Shortcut”
- In the box “Type the location of the item”, enter: %userprofile%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Recent\
- Click “Next"
- Name the shortcut “Recent items” or name of your choice
- Click “Finish”
Windows 7 - Add Recent Items to File Explorer OR any item really
- Right-click the Start button, choose Properties
- Select "Store and display recently opened items in the Start menu and the taskbar"
- In the address bar of File Explorer, type the following and press Enter: shell:recent
- Now drag that to Favorites
You can drag any folder to Favorites, not just Recent Items!
Windows 10 - Quick access
- When you open File Explorer the top right shows Quick access
Also, you can right-click on any folder in Windows 10 and choose "Pin to Quick access"